The process about how to host a website online is quite simple.
Let’s do it in 3 steps:
Basically you need to have these:
- A working website (the set of pages, images and other files that compose your whole site).
- A domain name that you can register online. The company Godaddy.com is a nice choice.
- A hosting plan. We recommend Hostgator.com as your Hosting Company*. They have not only interesting prices, but also very good quality. (This website is hosted there).
Considering your website is already built.
1. Go to Godaddy.com and choose a domain name for your website. You’ll be creating your account there if you don’t have one yet.
2. Now you need a hosting plan (The place where all your website files will be kept and accessed everytime someone accesses your website via a browser). Supposing you have choosen Hostgator.com, click on the button “View Web Hosting Plans” and you can start your website with Baby or Business plan. Avoid “Hatchling plan” since it won’t allow you to have more websites if you want in the future. Put your informations and the website you registered before at Godaddy and create your Hostgator account.
3. After this, you can use a FTP program such as Filezilla to send your website files to your Host (web server).
*An important thing for you to consider is that Hostgator support is very good, and it’s a good deal to ask for their help via the online live chat whenever you need.
I hope this helps you to publish your first website.